California Cooperative Latin American Collection Development Group
C A L A F I A
In recognition of the growing importance of and interest in the U.S./Mexico Borderland region, in order to build more effectively our library resources from the North Mexican states, and in order to assure the greatest economy in this effort, we agree to share our responsibility for the acquisition of such material by division along state lines. This collaborative approach will allow our libraries to build more extensive collections, more systematically, and at lower costs to each library than would be possible to do individually.
1. The territorial responsibilities are:
2. Each library will commit $1,500 per year for the purchase of recent materials--either through blanket order or individual selection--from its geographic area of responsibility. The blankets and individual selections will be in accord with the attached profile as adjusted to the local needs of the participating campuses.
3. Materials will be sent to and processed by the individual campus libraries in line with their geographic responsibilities by state.
4. Materials will be processed with reasonable haste and entered into the individual campus OPACs.
5. These materials will be made readily available on interlibrary loan.
6. In keeping with established review cycles and criteria at participating UC libraries, material from the UC libraries may be relocated to the SRLF.
7. This agreement will not preclude further purchase or duplication of materials judged to be needed by any of our collections.
8. Each library will also endeavor to maintain serials subscriptions for the pertinent publications issued within the states for which we are responsible.
9. Although it is assumed that this agreement will remain in force indefinitely, it will be reviewed annually by the Latin American selectors at participating institutions for revision and renewal. Participants agree to monitor the agreement, following procedures established by us.
North Mexican States Materials
|Baja California||-UC Los Angeles|
|Chihuahua||-UC San Diego|
|Nuevo Leon||-UC Santa Barbara|
|Tamaulipas||-University of Southern California|
II. Level of Publication: University Research
III. Types of Publication: Commercial, institutions, and governmental.
IV. Exclusions: a) Titles over $50.00 (do not send, but notify), b) Textbooks, c) Translations, d) Reprints (but do send facsimile and new editions), e) Children's books, f) Sound recordings, films, and microform materials, g) Flat maps (Send state atlases, commercial city plans, and road maps. Quote national atlases if published in the state).
V. Periodical and Serial Publications: Send only one sample issue of new periodicals and new institutional monographic series. Separate subscription orders will be placed for those titles wanted on a continuing basis.
VI. Subjects: (Relating to Latin America or expressing a Latin American point of view):