- Report From Madrid's LIBER-2005
- Bienal do Livro, São
Paulo, April 25-May 5, 2002.
- "¿Dónde están los usuarios del nuevo milenio?", VIII Coloquio
de Bibliotecarios, Guadalajara, México, 27 de noviembre, 2001.
- "Latin American Collections in the United States." IFLA, Boston,
- "Bibliotecas como compradores", Presentación, Feria del
Libro Buenos Aires, abril 2001.
- “Wandering Through the Many Spains”
Barcelona's LIBER 2000 and Spain's Library Association meeting.
- “Interfaces” Presentación efectuada
en la Universidad de Colima, Mexico, “Interfaces,
Nov. 20-24, 2000”
- “Respuesta a una Crisis” Presentación
efectuada en Bilbao, “FESABID
“Letter from Santiago” El Andar: A Latino Magazine for the
New Millenium, Spring, 2000. pp.54-55.
99 in Madrid” WESS Newsletter Spring 2000
- "Onions are for Men" IN Besame
Mucho; An Anthology of New Gay Latino Fiction. (ed. by Jesse
Dorris and Jaime Manrique). New York: Painted Leaf Press, 1999.
- Consultant to: Virgins,
Guerrillas,and Locas : Gay Latinos Writing on Love (ed.
by Jaime Cortez. San Francisco : Cleis Press, c1999.
- Review of “Literary Eras: Literature of the Spanish Caribbean
to 1900” CD-ROM, Library Journal Oct 1, 1999.
- Bibliography of Sexuality Studies in Latin America
- Participated in an Orientation Panel for first-time attending
librarians from the United States at the 12th Guadalajara International
Book Fair, December 1999
- Report on the Biennal do Livro, Rio de Janeiro, April 1999. SALALM
Newsletter, June 1999
- Co-editor (with Peter Blank) of the Stanford Presidential Lectures
in the Arts & Humanities.
Web Site, http://prelectur.stanford.edu/
- One of 12 U.S. Librarians invited to attend LIBER 1999, Madrid,
October 3-9, 1999
- “Collection Development in the Electronic Frontier.” (with Carlos
Delgado) Seminar taught at the 33rd Meeting of the Argentine Library
Association, April 15, 1999.
- Beatriz Sarlo Stanford Presidential Lectures on the Arts & Humanities.
- One of several U.S. Librarians invited to attend Guadalajara's
International Book Fair, 1996-1999
- Review of “Teatro Espanol del Siglo de Oro” CD-ROM, WESS Newsletter,
- “Argentina Puts the Library at the Center of the Global Village.”
(with Carlos Delgado). American Libraries. June/July 1998,
- “Literature Becomes a Bolero,” Report on Buenos Aires 1998
Book Fair SALALM Newsletter, June 1998
- “If They Sit Down…They Will Talk,” Report on the 1998 Latin American
Studies Association Conference .” SALALM Newsletter, December
- “Las Fronteras de Cristal: California and the Mexican (Northern
and Southern) Borders,” Panel for 43rd SALALM Annual Meeting. San
Juan, Puerto Rico, May, 1998.
- Reviews of: Dicionario do romantismo literario portugues
[Literary Dictionary of Portuguese Romanticism]. Lisboa: Editorial
Caminho, 1997 and Dicionario de literatura portuguesa [Dictionary
of Portuguese Literature]. Lisboa: Editorial Presença, 1996 IN:
Europe Online, 1998.
in Latin American Literature
- Participated in the 41st International Congress of the Latin American
Studies Association (LASA) Task Force on Scholarly Resources, Chicago,
- Report on 23rd Buenos Aires Book Fair “Entre Musas y Libros”
SALALM Newsletter, June 1997
- “Challenges for Collection Development in the 21st Century" (with
Carlos Delgado). Seminar taught at the 31st Meeting of the Argentine
Library Association, Buenos Aires, April 14, 1997.
- “Bibliographic Instruction: A Bilingual Experiment" Panel at the
31st Meeting of the Argentine Library Association, Buenos Aires,
April 17, 1997.
- “Building an Ethnic & Gender Studies Services Unit" (with Joseph
A. Boisse et al). Panel at the 8th National Association of College
& Research Libraries (ACRL) Conference, Nashville, April 12, 1997.
- Report on the 10th Guadalajara Book Fair, SALALM Newsletter,
- National Endowment for Humanities, Division of Preservation and
Access Reviewer, 1997, 1996
- Named Librarian of the Year (1995-1996), UC-Santa Barbara Davidson
Library, September 1996
- Report on the 9th Guadalajara Book Fair. SALALM Newsletter,
- Report on Buenos Aires Trip. SALALM Newsletter, June 1995.
- Attended the New England Collection Development and Management
Institute: Wellesley, MA, June 1995.
- “Adjusting the Horizontal Hold: Flattening Out the Organization,”
(with LaGuardia & Dawson) LAMA/ACRL Panel for 1995 American Library
Association (ALA) Annual Conference, Chicago, June 24, 1995.
- “Living Diversity: Making it Work" (with LaGuardia & Oka).Diversity
and Multiculturalism in Libraries, 215-226, ed. by Katherine
H. Hill. London: JAI Press, 1994.
- “La lectura es un placer/Reading is Fun," 145-156, (sole author)
- Diversity & Diversifying in a Downsized Library, (with Dawson
et all). Upside of Downsizing: Using BI to Cope, 183-190,
ed. by Cheryl LaGuardia, et al. New York: Neal-Schuman Pub. 1995.
- “Instruction and Identity: Diversity in Library Classes and Collections"
(with LaGuardia & Oka). The Reference Librarian, #45/46,
1994 special issue, Racial and Ethnic Diversity in Academic Libraries:
- User Education Manual (with Doyle et al.) University of California
at Santa Barbara Library, 1993. ERIC Document 366346
- “Learning to Instruct: Team-Teaching Library Skills" (with LaGuardia,
et all). The Reference Librarian, #40, 1993, pp. 53-62.
- Report on the Guadalajara Book Fair. SALALM Newsletter,
- “Latbook Libros Latinoamericanos." Review published in CD-ROM
Professional, March 1992, 5(2): 119-120.
- “Coreworks CD." Review published in CD-ROM Professional,
November 1991, 4(6): 111.
- “Phonedisc USA." Review published in CD-ROM Professional,
May 1991, 4(3): 91.
- Native Spanish speaker with excellent translating/interpretive
- Advanced reading knowledge of French
- Reading knowledge of Portuguese, Catalan, and Italian