Patent & Technology Transfer Databases |
Patent Database Searching Aids & Techniques |
Document Delivery |
News Sources for Patents |
General Information on Patents |
Patent Offices & Organizations |
Commercial Database Producers & Vendors |
Patent Inventions & Technology Transfer |
Legal Resources on Patents Available on the Internet |
Internet Guides on Patents, Inventions & Technology Transfer
Internet Guides on Patents, Inventions and Technology Transfer
- Kuester Law (http://www.kuesterlaw.com/)
- Award-winning compendium of Internet legal sites, with a special focus on
technology law and intellectual property.
- Franklin Pierce Law Center (http://www.piercelaw.edu/)
- Leading independent law school focusing on intellectual property. Runs summer IP
courses, publishes journals, etc. Maintains a good variety of links at the:
- FPLC Intellectual Property Mall (http://ipmall.info/)
- Copyright, Intellectual Property Rights, and Licensing Issues (http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Copyright/)
- Broad collection of resources from UC-Berkeley.
- The Lemelson-MIT Awards Program’s Invention Dimension (http://web.mit.edu/invent/)
- In 1994, one of America’s most prolific inventors of all-time, the late Jerome H.
Lemelson and his wife, Dorothy, established the Lemelson-MIT Awards Program at
the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This site includes information about
the Lemelson-MIT Awards Program, many famous inventors in the “Inventor of the
Week and archives” section, as well as Invention related links and resources
covering areas such as hot research and development across the U.S., sites
for kids and the kid in all of us, invention and innovation at MIT, resources
for the inventor, and invention extensions.
- About.com: Inventors (http://inventors.about.com/)
- Includes wide variety of popular information on three broad areas: computer
science, science, and inventors.
- Stanford University. Office of Technology Licensing (http://otl.stanford.edu/)
- OTL — For Inventors (http://otl.stanford.edu/inventors/inventors.html)
- Introduces OTLs processes and policies for inventors and their inventions.
Includes information about patents, links to resources, and printable and
- Thomson Scientific’s Information About Patents (http://scientific.thomson.com/support/patents/patinf/)
- Answers to frequently-asked questions about patents and the patenting process,
reference information on patent terminology and patent searching, plus Derwent
publications which will help you understand and use patent information.
- Patent Pointer (http://library.dialog.com/bluesheets/html/bl0351.html)
- Full-text index of patent sites provides fast access to other patent
information resources on the web. Developed by Derwent, a major database
producer of patent information.
- Guide to STN Patent Databases (http://www.stn-international.com/fileadmin/be_user/STN/pdf/search_materials/patents/GuideFull_en_2008.pdf)
- Includes descriptions of all patent databases available through STN. Also includes
main search strategies used to search patent files.