The Chemists in the Library Working Group has compiled these electronic and print resources for further exploration of the theme of National Chemistry Week: The Joy of Toys. The resources have been classified by grade level and annotated.
- Education & Play
- Activities, experiments, and play you can do to learn more about chemistry and science.
- Chemical Reactions
- Toys that involve chemical reactions, properties of water, or air pressure.
- Polymers & Materials
- Learn about materials that toys are made of.
- Toy Safety
- How to use toys safely. How chemistry helps make sports safer.
- Design & Manufacture
- Explore how toys are designed and manufactured.
- History, Multicultural, & Special Needs
- Learn about the history of toys, toys from around the world, and toys for children with special needs.
- A – Z
- Alphabetical list of resources.
- How to Find More on the Web
- Find other interesting web sites using search engines and subject directories.
Copyright © 2005 American Chemical Society